Gamealot would be nothing without YOU—the players wanting to play the games!
There will be dozens of scheduled games available for you to join in the main room. Tables will be available for unscheduled pick up games in the side room. There are even lawn games to be played! Hosts must bring their own games, attendees are welcome to bring their own or borrow games from the board game library.
How to Register as a Player
**If your plans change and you no longer wish to be registered for a game, please come to the Registration Desk or use the online event management system to remove your name.**
Being on a Waitlist
The number of available seats varies for each game and is listed on each game session’s page in the Gamealot schedule. If you sign up for an event after all free seats are taken, you can choose to be added on a Waitlist for that session.
If you are on a Waitlist, please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the session and check in with the Registration Desk. The volunteers will let you know if a seat at the table is available. If not, they will do their best to find you an open seat in a session starting at the same time. There will also be “Players Needed” signs set up on tables that are still looking for players.
Read our Event Sign-up and Waitlist Policy for more details.
Preparing to Play
- You do not need to know how to play the game beforehand. However, you may wish to read through the instructions ahead of time. The game publisher’s website or Board Game Geek should have these available online.
- Check the Schedule page to find out where your game table is located.
- Be on time. Hosts reserve the right to give your seat to someone else if you do not show within 10 minutes of the start of your session.
A Couple Last Points
Thank you for helping to create a welcoming, friendly atmosphere over the years!
- Newcomers, we are happy to have you at Gamealot! Feel free to ask your host questions if you’re not clear on something.
- Experienced players, we’d likely to gently remind you that everyone learns at different a pace. Please be helpful, considerate and patient.
- We do not tolerate harassment of any kind. Please help maintain a positive, friendly atmosphere by discouraging poor sportsmanship, and if necessary, reporting foul language or crude behaviour.
- HAVE FUN