Gamealot is dedicated to providing a safe, clean, welcoming and fun gaming experience for everyone.
Attendees, vendors, guests, volunteers, and organizers are expected to abide by a set of policies which are in compliance with Canadian law and the general policies of the Kinsmen Banquet Centre.
Rules and Etiquette
- No attendee shall harass a guest, organizer, volunteer, another attendee, or other individual present in the space. Any such behaviour may lead to expulsion from the convention and revocation of your badge. The convention reserves the right to remove any individuals acting in a way it considers offensive or in disagreement with its policies and philosophy, including any promotion of hate, religious/anti-religious proselytization, unauthorized solicitation, anti-feminism, or similar.
- Badges (distributed to attendees with a lanyard) must be worn at all times when in any of the convention areas. Attendees must use real names on their badges.
- Proof of identity must be shown when claiming a lost badge. Any lost badges or tickets should be reported immediately to the Registration Desk. If you have lost your badge, please bring ID to the Registration Desk during operating hours in order to be issued a replacement.
- A parent or guardian must accompany children 12 and under at all times. Parents and guardians are responsible for the well-being and behaviour of all children in their care.
- Ask Permission for Photos and Videos. If you wish to take a photo or video of a guest, or other attendee of the convention, please ask permission first. Please read our Crowd Release Notice for more about photography and videotaping at the event.
- Drugs, theft, and vandalism are illegal and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Sales are a matter between attendees and any on-site merchant(s) in question. It is highly recommended you get a receipt for each transaction.
- We ask that all attendees of Gamealot operate with the assumption of good intentions on the part of other gamers.
Gamealot strives to create a safe and inclusive space that welcomes board gamers from all walks of life. We hope to build a community space that includes all gamers.
We celebrate all races, ethnicities, body-types, the full spectrum of genders, all sexual identities, and persons with a range of abilities and ability challenges. While this list of identities is not complete or perfect, we function with a spirit of inclusiveness.
We believe that a diverse range of experiences and perspectives is absolutely necessary in building a thriving and healthy gaming community. We welcome you to share your perspective and experiences with us at Gamealot.
We endeavour to remove as many barriers as possible and provide all the tools we can to create a safe and inclusive space for all within the gaming community.
Above all else, Gamealot strives to be safe haven to roll dice, move meeples, and enjoy great times with fellow gamers in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment.
Event Sign-up and Waitlist Policy
Many scheduled games at Gamealot have limited seats available. The number of available seats varies and is listed on each event’s page in the Gamealot schedule. If you sign up for an event after all free seats are taken, you will be placed on a Waitlist for that event.
If you have been placed on a Waitlist, please arrive 15 minutes before the start of your events and check in with the Registration Desk.
The Gamealot Organizers will let you know if a seat in the event is available for you, and if not, will do our best to find you an open seat in an event starting at the same time. Being on a Waitlist does not guarantee an attendee a seat at any given event. The Gamealot Organizers reserve the right to limit and adjust event capacity based on the needs of the convention. Game hosts reserve the right to give the seat of a player who has not shown up within 10 minutes of the start of the session to another player.
Attendees will often adjust their schedules throughout the convention; the latest versions of event sign up sheets are kept at the Registration Desk. If your plans change and you no longer wish to be registered for an event, please come to the Registration Desk and remove your name.
Passes for Gamealot 2018 will be eligible for a full refund up until 11:59 PM on Thursday October 18 2018. Refunds are not available beyond that date.
Lost or Stolen Items
Gamealot is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Crowd Release Notice
When you enter the Gamealot event premise, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur.
By entering the event premises, you consent to interview(s), photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by the Gamealot organizing committee and its affiliates and representatives. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar Gamealot events in the future, highlight the event and exhibit the capabilities of Gamealot.
You release the Gamealot organizers and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.
By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by Gamealot or the person or entity designated to do so by Gamealot.
Last, but not Least
We’re here for your safety and enjoyment! The rules are in place to better ensure everyone has a positive experience during Gamealot.